We will ensure that our setting is fully inclusive in meeting the needs of all children.
Our setting is committed to anti-discriminatory practice to promote equality of opportunity and valuing diversity for all children and families. We aim to:-
- Provide a secure and accessible environment in which all of our children can flourish and in which all contributions are considered and valued.
- Include and value the contribution of all families to our understanding of equality and diversity.
- Provide positive non-stereotyping information about gender roles, diverse family structures, diverse ethnic and cultural groups, children with additional needs and disabled people.
- Improve our knowledge and understanding of issues of anti-discriminatory practice, promoting equality and valuing diversity.
- Challenge and eliminate discriminatory actions.
- Make inclusion a thread that runs through all of the activities of the setting.
- Foster good relations between all communities.
As a result of our Pupil Premium funding we have been able to purchase the following resources to help support Communication & Language, Early Listening Skills and Mathematics.
We have also purchased this fantastic new open ended resource – known as The Kasbah – using our Pupil Premium from the Spring Term. It will help us provide numerous learning opportunities including personal, social, emotional & development, social communication & language and so much more.
We purchased these resources to help children identify & cope with emotions and to extend our outdoor physical play, giving children additional opportunities to improve their balance & co-ordination.
With a mixture of Pupil Premium and DAF (Disability Access Fund) which we receive for some of our children, we have been able to purchase some exciting new resources. These include some fantastic bottles for our outside ‘potions station’, trees, scenery & geographic features to enhance our small world play and some special sensory resources.
Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)
2yr old funding
As a setting we deliver the Early Years Entitlement for 2 year olds – if you think you may be eligible visit lincolnshire.gov.uk.
We run specialist 2 year old sessions on a Tuesday and Thursday morning. These are slightly shorter and a smaller size than our mixed age sessions and have a high adult/child ratio. Each child is enabled to explore & learn about the Pre-School environment, develop relationships with staff & each other and become comfortable & secure at their own pace. As they become ready for more challenges we move them in small friendship groups into the older, larger and longer sessions.