We will ensure that our setting is fully inclusive in meeting the needs of all children.
Our setting is committed to anti-discriminatory practice to promote equality of opportunity and valuing diversity for all children and families. We aim to:-
- Provide a secure and accessible environment in which all of our children can flourish and in which all contributions are considered and valued.
- Include and value the contribution of all families to our understanding of equality and diversity.
- Provide positive non-stereotyping information about gender roles, diverse family structures, diverse ethnic and cultural groups, children with additional needs and disabled people.
- Improve our knowledge and understanding of issues of anti-discriminatory practice, promoting equality and valuing diversity.
- Challenge and eliminate discriminatory actions.
- Make inclusion a thread that runs through all of the activities of the setting.
- Foster good relations between all communities.
Please find below our Pupil Premium Statement:-
As a result of our Pupil Premium funding we have been able to purchase the following resources to help support Communication & Language, Early Listening Skills and Mathematics.
We have also purchased this fantastic new open ended resource – known as The Kasbah – using our Pupil Premium from the Spring Term. It will help us provide numerous learning opportunities including personal, social, emotional & development, social communication & language and so much more.
Our latest purchases using our Pupil Premium pot include some resources to help children identify & cope with emotions and to extend our outdoor physical play, giving children additional opportunities to improve their balance & co-ordination.
SPECIAL EDUCATIONAL NEEDS AND DISABILITIES (SEND)
Please find below our SEND Process:-
2YR OLD FUNDING
As a setting we deliver the Early Years Entitlement for 2 year olds – if you think you may be eligible visit the website below.
We run specialist 2 year old sessions on a Tuesday and Thursday morning. These are slightly shorter and a smaller size than our mixed age sessions and have a high adult/child ratio. Each child is enabled to explore & learn about the Pre-School environment, develop relationships with staff & each other and become comfortable & secure at their own pace. As they become ready for more challenges we move them in small friendship groups into the older, larger and longer sessions.